Coventry University, Sunday 31 July – Saturday 6 August
The freedom and joy of music through movement
Dalcroze UK is pleased to announce the forthcoming International Summer School to be held at Coventry University, July 31 – August 06 2016.
The theme is Composing through Sound and Movement.
- Howard Skempton: insights into his compositional practice
- Faz Shah: Beat Boxing workshop
- John Habron: sculpture-inspired composition workshop
- Drusilla Harris: connecting Dalcroze to music technology- ways into creative classroom composition
- Celebrating the compositions of Jaques-Dalcroze and his students
We look forward to welcoming international guest tutor, Anne-Gabrielle Chatoux, Director of Dalcroze France, to the UK for the first time to complement the team of UK teachers.
Delegates will experience creative and inspirational sessions in the fundamentals of Dalcroze Eurhythmics – rhythmic movement, aural training, improvisation and Plastique Animée.
There will also be an opportunity to gain insight into Dalcroze pedagogy through the observation of children’s classes.
The course will cater for all levels.
Don’t miss this great opportunity to nourish the musician in you and to share good practice with enthusiastic, like-minded people!
Further information can be found under Upcoming Events.